- Chief Professional Officer
- Welcome Package
- Resources Directory
- About HS PAC
- Professional Advisory Groups
- PAC Subcommittees and Relevant Resources
- Health Services Applicant
The Dental Hygiene Professional Advisory Group shall be referred to as the DHPAG.
The Dental Hygiene Professional Advisory Group (DHPAG) of the Health Services Professional Advisory Committee (HS-PAC) shall provide advice and consultation to the Surgeon General through the HS-PAC and Chief Health Services Officer on issues relating to the professional practice and personnel activities of Commissioned Officers in the Dental Hygiene Professional Discipline.
The leadership of the DHPAG shall be composed of the Chair, Chair-Elect and Secretary elected by the members of and from the DHPAG Executive Committee prior to the end of the calendar year, for a term of office, as defined in the by-laws, beginning January. In the event of a vacancy of the Chair, the Chair-Elect shall assume the responsibilities for the duration of the term. Vacancies in other offices shall be filled by appointment by the Chair for the remainder of the term.
Duties of the officers are the following:
The operating subcommittees shall include: Awards, Recruitment & Retention, and Career Development. Other subcommittees can be convened ad hoc to address interim issues with approval of the majority of the Executive Committee.
- committee charge: Administer (announce, process applications, and recommend winners) for the Candace M. Jones (Senior Officers) and Junior Dental Hygienist of the Year award.
Recruitment & Retention Subcommittee
- committee charge: Liaison to HSPAC Recruitment/Retention subcommittee; includes attending teleconferences.
Career Development Subcommittee
- committee charge: Liaison to HSPAC Career Development and Mentoring subcommittees; includes attending teleconferences.
The DHPAG shall review its by-laws every three years and recommend revisions to update by-laws as needed. Any revisions to the by-laws must be reviewed and approved by the HS-PAC. If in question, the DHPAG by-laws will be superseded by, and not conflict with the HS-PAC charter and by-laws. By-law amendments will be made by a simple majority vote of the Executive Committee members present. Issues requiring a vote, but not reaching a quorum (50% of the Executive Committee members) shall be brought to the HS-PAC for resolution.